|Shopping cart is empty.|
|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
Integrated Assessment of Applied Competence (PDF E-book)
Publishing Date: June 2014
SELECT VERSION BELOW (Print | E-Book ...)
The focus of this book is to promote the use of integrated assessment, particularly in the post-school education and training system. The common practice of fragmented, over-assessment overburdens the learning and assessment process and increases the duration of learning programmes, as well as the time spent on doing the assignments and assessing the learner’s achievement. It also increases the cost of assessment and wastes money that should be more productively used for training.
What is covered in this book?
This publication describes the planning and design of the integrated assessment of a learning programme that is focused on assessing applied competence. It provides practical guidelines, examples and templates for the designers of learning programmes, curricula and assessments to make more use of integrated assessments. The processes described in this publication are derived from practical experience in designing assessments for outcomes-based programmes in a variety of contexts and is grounded in the theoretical underpinnings of integrated assessment espoused by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Relevance to different assessment processes
The process described in the book is equally relevant for:
• Assessing a number of unit standards clustered together,
• Assessing a number of outcomes of one unit standard,
• Assessing a module, especially where a wide range of topics are covered in the module,
• Assessing one or more Exit Level Outcomes of qualifications that are not based on unit standards, and
• Even for assessing learning programmes that do not lead to credits on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), but that are designed to achieve clearly described outcomes for developing competence in job performance.
What benefits will readers gain?
The book will contribute to the overall improvement of assessment practices, especially by reducing the burden of assessment resulting from assessing fragmented units of learning in isolation. This will benefit a wide range of stakeholders:
• The learners, who will complete less assessments, but who will be assisted to develop applied competence through the integrated assessments;
• Assessors, who will have a reduced work load as well as assessment instruments that enable them to truly assess whether the learners have developed the required competence;
• Employers, through staff who have developed the competence required for work performance while taking less time out of work to complete assignments;
• ETQAs and everyone involved in quality assurance processes by reducing the administrative burden and having the confidence that the assessments are focused on the competence that the unit standards, qualifications and/or learning programmes were designed to develop; and
• The entire system, by using the time, energy and money spent on assessment more constructively and efficiently.
Important E-Book Information
Important Information to Review Before Making This E-Book Purchase
E-books use the standard Adobe PDF file format or EPUB format. To view it, you need the Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free at Adobe.com or EPUB reader, which can be downloaded for free on a Google search.
E-books and other downloadable products are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Usage Terms for Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing E-Books and Other Downloadable Products
By purchasing an e-book or other downloadable products from the Knowledge Resources website, you agree to abide by the following usage terms and restrictions that allow Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing to protect the copyrights of its products:
1. Upon purchase of an e-book or other product, you must download the file immediately of the date of purchase.
2. You may print copies of the e-book or other downloadable product for your personal use only. You may not lend, sell or otherwise transfer any hard copy to another user.
3. You may copy/paste up to 10 pages for your personal use only. You may not copy/paste any diagrams, figures, or artwork.
4. Except as permitted above, you may not copy the file or any part of the file for any purpose, including to move the file to a different computer or to lend, sell or otherwise transfer the e-book or other downloadable product to another user.
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Knowres Publsihing at 011 706 6009 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m).