|Shopping cart is empty.|
|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
This product has no related products.
Determine the True Value of Learning & Development (PDF E-book)
Publishing Date: 31 March 2015
SELECT VERSION BELOW (Print | E-Book ...)
The goal of this book is to link the various processes of the learning and development cycle to deliver sustainable impact sessions to determine the true value of learning and development.
Organisations have processes, systems, policies, infrastructure, information technology, human and financial resources and a host of other elements in place. What will assist them in achieving a competitive advantage? A knowledgeable, skilled workforce. This is the fundamental reason for millions of Rands being spent on learning and development. The question is what is the value of this investment in learning, and how might this value be determined?
In order to arrive at a final answer, examine the following questions:
WHY DO WE NEED TO DETERMINE THE VALUE?
What is the business case for implementing learning and development objectives?
WHAT BEHAVIOUR HAS CHANGED?
Apply any of the 16 global measures to determine the area of impact.
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THE IMPACT OF LEARNING?
Isolate non-training variables to determine the true value of learning.
Apply the ROI formula to measure the impact.
Determine the Rand value and ROI % as a result of learning.
WHEN IS THE PROCESS IMPLEMENTED AND EVALUATED?
Implementing the ETD cycle – the steps from needs analysis, design and development to learning delivery and final evaluation.
1. The need to determine the value of learning and development
2. Competency models
3. Measuring the value of learning and development
4. Evaluating the value of learning and development
Determine the true value of learning and development also includes practical examples and case studies.
WAYS OF CREATING VALUE FOR LEARNING:
1. Link training objectives to strategic development initiatives.
2. Revisit the job description.
3. Identify key performance indicators.
4. Conduct a needs analysis.
5. Identify SMART performance objectives.
6. Measure the area of increased performance.
7. Evaluate the impact of learning.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Catherina is a specialist consultant who, with her knowledge and expertise, assists companies with ROI measurement, quality assurance, assessment, skills development and legislative compliance. She is experienced and knowledgeable in outcomes-based education and learning principles, and education, training and quality assurance (ETQA) processes as a result of being extensively involved in the industry. She is co-author of the first South African Book on ROI – Measuring return on investment in training: A practical implementation guide, and co-authored Integrating training needs analysis, assessment and evaluation. Catherina is one of the managing members of ROI ONLINE.
Important E-Book Information
Important Information to Review Before Making This E-Book Purchase
E-books use the standard Adobe PDF file format or EPUB format. To view it, you need the Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free at Adobe.com or EPUB reader, which can be downloaded for free on a Google search.
E-books and other downloadable products are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Usage Terms for Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing E-Books and Other Downloadable Products
By purchasing an e-book or other downloadable products from the Knowledge Resources website, you agree to abide by the following usage terms and restrictions that allow Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing to protect the copyrights of its products:
1. Upon purchase of an e-book or other product, you must download the file immediately of the date of purchase.
2. You may print copies of the e-book or other downloadable product for your personal use only. You may not lend, sell or otherwise transfer any hard copy to another user.
3. You may copy/paste up to 10 pages for your personal use only. You may not copy/paste any diagrams, figures, or artwork.
4. Except as permitted above, you may not copy the file or any part of the file for any purpose, including to move the file to a different computer or to lend, sell or otherwise transfer the e-book or other downloadable product to another user.
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Knowres Publishing at 011 706 6009011 706 6009 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m).