|Shopping cart is empty.|
|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
Building Resilience: How to Thrive in the Face of Life’s Challenges (PDF E-book)
SELECT VERSION BELOW (Print | E-Book ...)
Building Resilience is the key to not just coping, but flourishing, in an increasingly complex and volatile world.
Imagine having abundant inner strength and resourcefulness to withstand and recover quickly from whatever difficulties life may throw at you. With Building Resilience you can.
Packed with practical exercises and inspirational stories, this groundbreaking, research-based book will show you (step-by-step) how to cultivate inner resilience and stand unshakeable in the face of life’s challenges.
• Reduce worry
• Experience more hope and optimism
• Bounce back stronger
The book is divided into three parts. The first part covers how resilience works, the resilience building blocks, principles and steps, and includes a personal resilience questionnaire.
Part two covers seven principles of resilience with stories, tools and exercises on how each can be improved:• Connect to your meaning in life
• Use your strengths
• Maintain perspective
• Generate positive feelings
• Be realistically positive
• Persevere by being open minded and flexible
Part three applies the building resilience principles and tools to work which apply to work and home settings. The work section outlines several strategies with practical exercises to create resilient teams. The home section contains 24 activities to enhance and reinforce children’s resilience.
Rod is based in Cape Town and heads up Building Resilience. He has wide consulting experience and in-depth experience in learning, design facilitation and skills development. He has researched, developed interventions, presented and published in the field in building resilience, change management and organisational performance. He has held positions heading up HR and Development and in sales and marketing. He has a degree in psychology and economics and a postgraduate teacher diploma and is a Chartered HR Practitioner with the South African Board of Personal Practice. He has run over 100 marathons and ultra marathons, including 20 Comrades Marathons.
Important E-Book Information
Important Information to Review Before Making This E-Book Purchase
E-books use the standard Adobe PDF file format or EPUB format. To view it, you need the Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free at Adobe.com or EPUB reader, which can be downloaded for free on a Google search.
E-books and other downloadable products are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Usage Terms for Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing E-Books and Other Downloadable Products
By purchasing an e-book or other downloadable products from the Knowledge Resources website, you agree to abide by the following usage terms and restrictions that allow Knowledge Resources/Knowres Publishing to protect the copyrights of its products:
1. Upon purchase of an e-book or other product, you must download the file immediately of the date of purchase.
2. You may print copies of the e-book or other downloadable product for your personal use only. You may not lend, sell or otherwise transfer any hard copy to another user.
3. You may copy/paste up to 10 pages for your personal use only. You may not copy/paste any diagrams, figures, or artwork.
4. Except as permitted above, you may not copy the file or any part of the file for any purpose, including to move the file to a different computer or to lend, sell or otherwise transfer the e-book or other downloadable product to another user.
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Knowres Publsihing at 011 706 6009 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m).