“This is truly a standout book that packs a real punch in the sea of books on leadership. This has to be the most updated, and most comprehensive and definitive compendium on leaders and leadership, written by an impressive array of prominent and respected experts in the field.” - Prof. Shirley Zinn, Director of Companies and author of the best-selling book Swimming Upstream.
In Building Leadership Talent 12 thought-leaders cover the following themes:
- Leadership as strategic organisational capability and intervention by Theo H Veldsman and Andrew J Johnson
- Leadership talent for an uncertain future by David Conradie
- Leadership assessment by Nicola Taylor and Paul Vorster
- Leadership development: principles, approaches and processes by Nancy Keeshan and Sharmla Chetty
- Leadership coaching by Aletta Odendaal
- Business schools as hubs of leadership education by Piet Naudé
- Corporate universities by Philipp Kolo, Rainer Strack and Jens Baier
- The future of leadership by Andrew J Johnson and Theo H Veldsman
Building Leadership Talent also features inspirational leadership stories from:
Cheryl Carolus: Leaders must lead by example
Johan van Zyl: Get to know yourself early on in your career
Ali Bacher: Captaining on and off the field
Ian Donald: Being an authentic and confident leader
Herman Mashaba: Good leaders are guided by reality, not wishful thinking
Pfungwa Serima: Head in the Clouds and feet on the ground
ABOUT THE EDITORS
DR ANDREW JOHNSON
Andrew Johnson is the Chief Learning Officer at Eskom’s Academy of Learning. His career has included work at Edcon, MTN, Transnet, Anglovaal Mining and the JSE. He has held various non-executive directorships. He has consulted for several state-owned entities, private companies, and African and BRICS utilities. Andrew was awarded the HR Director of the Year Award by IPM, and a Lifetime Achievement Award by the SABPP.
PROF THEO H VELDSMAN
Theo Veldsman is one of South Africa’s thought leaders on people management and the psychology of work. He is the author of almost 200 technical/consulting reports and articles and has published two books. He consults with many leading South African companies as well as organisations overseas. He was Professor and Head of the Department of Industrial Psychology and People Management, Faculty of Management, University of Johannesburg until the end of 2016, when he retired. He is also a Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from SABPP.