TWO-DAY WORKSHOP | 09-10 March 2020
Century City Conference Centre | Century City | Cape Town
In the fast paced ever changing VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world, we explore the implications of the future of work on HR. In this highly interactive workshop, we introduce the mindset of Agile and show how HR professionals can make a meaningful impact by adopting an Agile mindset and approach.
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how the People strategy and operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective?
Become one of the first people in the world to hold the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Talent (I
The workshop places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools that you will be able to use when getting started on your own agile HR initiative. We take you through an agile HR project from setting goals and developing user stories for HR, to implementing sprint planning and monitoring the sprint using Kanban. Activities are designed to make the learning practical and real.
During day one we dive into Agile frameworks, discover how Agile teams and organisations work, and get comfortable with words like Scrum, Kanban and incremental development. On day two, we translate Agile into HR and people practices, and gain practical tools to start applying the basics of Agile HR back in your own organisation.
Benefits of Agile HR workshop
- Confidently discuss Agile concepts and frameworks with leaders and teams
- Understand why organisations are ‘going Agile’ and the implications for HR
- Gain practical tools and methods to start applying Agile HR to your own work
- Discover how to build a great employee experience using Agile HR techniques
- Move beyond the Agile jargon and experience Agile first hand
- Build a great employee experience using Agile HR techniques
- Boost your own and team’s productivity and effectiveness with Agile HR
- Lead successful change projects
- Be a trusted business partner able to consult on Agile organisational transformation
- How HR can support an agile organisational transformation: Assess the current organisational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximises communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth.
- Salaries and benefits for an agile organisation: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
- Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an organisational action plan for role modelling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
- Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey is changing.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organisation taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills and capabilities.
- Onboarding practices for agile companies: Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organisation rapidly and smoothly.
- Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organisation and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
- The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organisation and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviours.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives.
- Agile coaches
- HR managers
- HR business partners
- HR professionals
- Line managers
- Operational and business managers
- Consulting managers
During the training we cover
- Introduction to the agile approach and how it is related to Lean and systems thinking. Why work with agility?
- What characterises the agile mindset and how to change the traditional HR processes when we are working with agile values?
- How should HR adapt work to create maximum value in an agile organisation? How should recruitment, performance evaluations and salary discussions look like?
- What concrete examples are there? How have others done? What works?
- How can you use agile techniques like Scrum and Kanban for HR?
The course will also run in
Contact Katie van der Schyf
f for more information +27 (11) 706 6009 | email@example.com
To book your seat contact Magdeline Matlatse
on +2711 706 6009 | firstname.lastname@example.org
08:30 Workshop begins
10:00 Morning break
15:00 Afternoon break
16:30 Wrap up
ANJA VAN BEEK | Agile Talent Strategist, Leadership Consultant & Coach
Anja is a leadership consultant, talent strategist, mentor and coach with more than 25 years of executive experience in the Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia region. She has led multinational teams through transition and change management. Anja consults to executives and leaders from small businesses through to large organisations on all people-related aspects with a specific focus on integrating the talent of the business into the overall strategy. She successfully completed the Agile HR Professional Certification course and is one of the first HR Professionals in Africa to complete this certification.
|REGISTRATION FEE |
Pay before 6 December 2019 get 15% discount
|HR Goes Agile Workshop
Two-day Workshop: 09-10 March 2020
Early bird special: R10 625 (save R1 875)
R12 500.00 Excl. VAT
- Payment must be received prior to attendance
- Registration fees include refreshments, lunch, parking and workshop materials
Please note that you will automatically be registered and invoiced for this event.
FAX OR MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION
Please download the registration form and return by:
P O Box 3954,
Please call a conference customer care consultant on +2711 706-6009+2711 706-6009