A ONE-DAY WORKSHOP FOR LEADERS, MANAGERS AND TEAMS
13 November 2018
Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandon | Johannesburg
Agile People is the concept of an agile mindset, agile values, principles and tools to improve work in a world where everything changes exponentially.
New course offer – based on the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for Leaders, Managers and Teams (That Leads to Motivated Employees)
DO YOU RECOGNIZE YOURSELF IN ANY OF THESE STATEMENTS?
“We need to be competitive, constantly improving our prerequisites for creating new and better products/services and create more value for our customers”
“We recognize satisfied people as an important factor for increased employee engagement & performance and need new practical tools and ideas for our continuous improvement work within this area.”
“We are working according to agile principles in some parts of our business, but not in others, and are experiencing that this has created a conflict in our organisational structure.”
“We need to create a higher visibility of our vision and clarify how we expect our business to realize our strategy”
“We need hands-on tools helping us to work together between different departments, without creating sub optimization and competition” (mostly a need in large organisations)
“Our leadership philosophy is not modern and we need to find new and better ways than carrots and sticks for leaders to use in their aim to create motivated employees that perform and are happy”
“We need to be inspired to improve by start using new tools and principles that can help us change and continuously improve instantly”
IF YES, THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU!
When working in a company embracing the agile value structure you need to understand how people strategy, people operations & management need to change
− regardless if you are a Manager, Leader or an HR professional. These two perspectives are just two sides of the same coin.
Contact Katie van der Schyf
f for more information +27 (11) 706 6009 | email@example.com
To book your seat contact Magdeline Matlatse
on +2711 706 6009 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction to the agile approach
- How is the agile approach related to Lean and Systems thinking?
- Why work with agility? What characterizes the agile mindset and values?
- How can we adapt work to create maximum value in an agile organization?
- How should people-, recruitment, development, salary, performance evaluation and rewards look like? Do we provide what people need to perform well?
- How can we make people take responsibility and feel a sense of ownership for their work, when everyone in the organisation needs to be a leader?
- How can we use agile techniques like Scrum and Kanban?
- What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation, from a people perspective?
Individual perspective (ME) Knowing yourself and why you do what you do.
- The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives, and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership, and why you do what you do…
Team perspective – (WE) How to increase pace from immature to mature high-performing teams
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions
Organizational perspective- (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure
- How to work to change behaviours – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Line managers, HR business partners/specialists. Managers from support functions (e.g. IT, HR, marketing or finance). Consultant managers, general managers, management teams, consultants and more…
WHAT LEARNING OUTCOMES CAN I EXPECT?
- HOW WE CAN SUPPORT AN AGILE ORGANISATIONAL TRANSFORMATION
You will learn how to assess the current organizational structure, and then get ideas around how to create a new structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- HOW TO SET GOALS AND MANAGE PERFORMANCE IN A NEW WAY
You will learn how to appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth through new goal setting tools like OKRs.
- HOW TO HANDLE SALARIES AND BENEFITS IN AN AGILE ORGANIZATION
You will learn how to describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures and discuss the pros and cons of each approach, explaining how you could apply them in your environment.
- HOW TO DEVELOP AN ORGANIZATIONAL ACTION PLAN FOR ROLE MODELING AN AGILE MINDSET
You will learn how to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams based on T-shaped people
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AND MOTIVATION IN AN AGILE MANNER
We will recommend motivational tools to be applied in different contexts, and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey needs to change when we work with an agile value structure.
- TALENT ACQUISITION AND THE CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
We will show how you can create a design and sourcing-strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organization, by taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- ENABLE AND SUPPORT AGILE LEARNING
We will suggest ways to enable and support a learning-mindset in a team, supporting the shift from the focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills, capabilities and continuous improvement
- WHY THE AGILE MINDSET IS EVERYBODY’S RESPONSIBILITY
We will show how to design the talent/people elements needed to help support an organizational agile transformation, and discuss the difference between ownership, responsibility and accountability.
- THE NEEDED CHANGES IN ALL FUNCTIONS
You will get to reflect on how the need for business agility affects your function and organization and how it impacts team members’ roles and behaviours.
- PRACTICAL TOOLS, TEMPLATES AND EXERCISES
You will learn how you can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives to increase people- happiness and performance. The workshop places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools you could use when getting started on your own agile initiative.
We have previously trained participants from SKF, SE-banken, Marginalen Bank, Nordea, Volvo, TetraPak, Tele2, IFS, If, Svevia, Helsingborg, Uppsala, Manpower, Evry, TV4, Vitrolife, Rebtel, magine, Toca Boca, Dynabyte, Södertörn University, DEK Technologies, Vasakronan, IKEA, Blue Garden, Nordic Morning, Findwise and many other companies and organizations.
Evaluation of the last completed training ended up on average 4.83 on a 5-point scale.
WORKSHOP LEADER, PIA-MARIA THORÉN
Pia-Maria Thorén, has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies for HR leadership and organisation. She is the founder of the company GreenBullet and the global network Agile People. She is also the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees). As a consultant she has worked with many of Sweden's largest companies and is a frequent lecturer at conferences and different types of networks.
| Agile Leadership Workshop
One-day Workshop: 13 November 2018
R4 100.00 Excl. VAT
- Payment must be received prior to attendance
- Registration fees include refreshments, lunch, parking and workshop materials
Please note that you will automatically be registered and invoiced for this event.
FAX OR MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION
Please download the registration form and return by:
P O Box 3954,
Please call a conference customer care consultant on +2711 706-6009+2711 706-6009