Two- day Workshop 15 and 16 November 2018
Protea Hotel (By Marriott), Stellenbosch | Cape Town
Become one of the first people in the world to hold the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Talent (ICP-TAL) Certification
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective? And is there still a need to do succession planning in the future?
Day 1 is an overview of the content
Day 2 will be a deep dive into HR processes and certification
During the training we cover:
- Introduction to the agile approach and how it is related to Lean and systems thinking. Why work with agility?
- What characterises the agile mindset and how to change the traditional HR processes when we are working with agile values?
- How should HR adapt work to create maximum value in an agile organisation? How should recruitment, performance evaluations and salary discussions look like?
- What concrete examples are there? How have others done? What works?
- How can you use agile techniques like Scrum and Kanban for HR?
HR’s role in an Agile organisation – Learning Outcomes
- How HR can support an agile organisational transformation: Assess the current organisational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximises communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth.
- Salaries and benefits for an agile organisation: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
- Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an oganisational action plan for role modeling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
- Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey is changing.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organisation taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills and capabilities.
- Onboarding practices for agile companies: Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organisation rapidly and smoothly.
- Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organisation and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
- The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organisation and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviours.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives.
The training places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools that you will be able to use when getting started on your own agile HR initiative. We take you through an agile HR project from setting goals and developing user stories for HR to implementing sprint planning and monitoring the sprint using Kanban.
- Agile coaches
- HR managers
- HR business partners
- HR professionals
- Line managers
- Operational and business managers
- Consulting managers
We have previously trained participants from Volvo, IKEA, SKF, TetraPak, SE-banken, Marginalen Bank, Nordea, Tele2, IFS, If, Svevia, Helsingborg, Uppsala, Manpower, Evry, TV4, Vitrolife, Rebtel, Magine, Toca Boca, Dynabyte, Södertörn University, DEK Technologies, Vasakronan, Blue Garden, Nordic Morning, Findwise and many other companies and organisations.
Evaluation of the last completed training ended up on average 4.83 on a 5-point scale.
The course will also run in:
Contact Katie van der Schyff
for more information +27 (11) 706 6009 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your seat contact Magdeline Matlatse
on +2711 706 6009 | email@example.com
WORKSHOP PROGRAMME 15 and 16 November:
07:30 – 08:30 Welcome and registration
08:30 Workshop start
10:00 – 10:30 Morning tea
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
15:00 – 15:15 Afternoon tea
16:30 Workshop end
Your course leader and facilitator is Pia-Maria Thorén an internationally recognised agile specialist who focuses specifically on agile HR. She is a Director at GreenBullet, an agile consulting company in Stockholm, and is the founder of Agile People, a movement that started in Sweden in 2013. She specialises in agile HR, agile leadership, and motivation. As a people-management consultant for some of Sweden’s largest international companies, she is a devoted change agent with an enterprise perspective who works to create organisations where people perform better, feel engaged, deliver customer value, and have fun - all at the same time. She has just released her book “Agile People - A Radical Approach for HR & Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees)”
| Agile HR – Certification
Two-day Workshop: 15-16 November 2018
R12 000.00 Excl. VAT
- Payment must be received prior to attendance
- Registration fees include refreshments, lunch, parking and workshop materials
Please note that you will automatically be registered and invoiced for this event.
FAX OR MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION
Please download the registration form and return by:
Attention: Conference Department
P O Box 3954,
Please call a conference customer care consultant on +2711 706-6009+2711 706-6009